Saturday, December 11, 2010

Happy Holidays from the Kestersons

 We are excited to announce, that yes, Justin and I in fact have a blog (maybe Justin won’t be so excited that I’ve started it, but we always are getting so many questions as what we are both up too). I figured a blog, would be a great way to keep everyone informed, especially since we are coming up on the holiday season. 
As Justin and I continue to live apart (not by choice!), we see light hopefully nearing at the end of the tunnel. Our marriage apart has taught us patience in everyday life, especially when we can’t get a hold of each other, and also that communication is a huge aspect in any relationship, including our marriage. We both often mention, in between the many “I love you’s”, that we wouldn’t be able to be apart if we didn’t have communication and trust.

I am continuously busy, and substitute every day in the Shoreline School District. On a given night, I don't usually get to go home after school. I also coach volleyball for an 18’s elite club team here in Edmonds, WA (about 40 minutes from the Berta’s house) or work at PotteryBarn. Sometimes I do all three within a given weekend. With that schedule, I rarely find time for myself, but when I do have time I’m bored. Many of you who know me well, can definitely picture me never having a dull moment in life-and here I am making a blog therefore, I'm bored!

On Thursday of last week I received some very good news. I'm still flabbergasted! I was selected to interview with Lake Washington School District, in Kirkland, for a 5th grade long term position. This interview was a blessing, and I appreciated even being given the chance to interview after I have been a substitute for 3 years. I should find out early next week. If it doesn’t work out, yes, I will be slightly bummed, though I know in my heart that someday I will have a chance to shine and it just wasn’t meant to be. Also, on another positive note, I will still continue to work every day no matter what district I am in!

As I continue to miss Justin and Maxx (our dog), I don’t miss the cold weather in Billings, Montana. Justin is working hard at his job as an Assistant Sports Information Director, at Montana State University, Billings. He is in the midst of Men’s basketball season, and his nights consist of staying late for games, typing stories, and posting photos. He has spent many evenings shoveling snow, especially when I was there for the Thanksgiving holiday. I know he works hard keeping the driveway clear as I watched him from the living room window Thanksgiving day! He wants a snow blower, though I keep reminding him that muscles don't form themselves, and we won't need a snow blower in a couple of years-or next year depending where we are.  

Justin spends the evenings off with friends around the Billings area, and hanging out with Maxx. Maxx and Justin often bond when Maxx finds a way out of the yard. It’s a game Maxx loves, but Justin and I both despise it! We have come to the realization, it’s cold enough for him to freeze, therefore, "he’ll come back" (and yet I still look for him when I’m in Billings and I believe Justin does too!). I often chuckle when I remember Justin saying, “I will never walk a dog as small as Maxx!” Little did he know we would be married a year later and he includes Maxx on almost all adventures and speaks about “our little family”-Justin, Maxx and I.



As we gear up for the holiday season, we want to thank our family and friends for all the love and support they have given us. We are blessed each and every day and will be happy to spend the holiday together in Chelan, Washington, with my parents, sister and brother.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thrilled to hear that you have an interview with LWSD! Such an amazing district. I'll be crossing my fingers for you and can't wait to hear how it goes! Ps. So sorry I didn't return your call the other day. Things have been so insane with the holidays, working, and trying to prepare for Thailand. I'll give you a call in the next day or so I promise!

    ReplyDelete